Purple Corner Granny

The store admin at the store I work in is leaving us soon – her husband was transferred to Texas (he’s already there) and she’s moving as soon as their house sells.

She’s such a nice person, and that job is probably the hardest job in the store, so I wanted to make her something as a thank you for all she does for us.  I not-at-all-subtley asked for her favorite color, then told her to nevermind why when she asked why I was asking, lol.

I knew I wanted to make a throw, but it needed to be something easy that could be worked up quick.  After searching Ravelry I settled on this pattern from Lion Brand yarn.  A simple granny blanket, with a twist.  The pattern calls for Vanna’s Choice, but I used Red Heart because of both the color selection and the amount of yarn you get per skein.

I used Pale Plum, Lavender, Medium Purple, and Dark Orchid.

Ta-da!  43 inches square of soft, cuddly blanket!

purple-blanket-2

purple-blanket-3

 

 

Advertisements

Car seat blanket

Three months since my last post – yikes!  A lot has happened in those three months, though, so I will hopefully have more posts up soon.  I just need to buckle down and DO IT.

Anyway.

Over the summer my sister paid me to make a baby blanket for my niece’s dance teacher.  I offered my sister a few patterns to choose from, she picked one and bought the yarn and paid me for labor.  Yay, money!

I used the Easy Car Seat Blanket pattern by Tw-In Stitches, which has a nifty opening for the buckle part of the car seat so the blanket doesn’t slide off.  I did have to make some changes and adjustments because I was using regular yarn instead of baby yarn, but since the pattern is easy it wasn’t that hard to change things.

Ta-da!

carseat-blanket

I used Red Heart yarn in Monet and Pale Yellow.  For the ruffley border I did a single-crochet base in Monet, and then triple-crocheted around.  I can’t remember if I did 2 TC in each SC, or 2 TC and then 1 TC, and I didn’t make note of it in Ravelry or my crochet journal.  Damn.

Because the top (above the buckle opening) was only slightly longer than the part below the opening, I added a single-crochet row of Monet so that Mom would be able to easily tell the ends apart.